Is Flood Damage Permanent?
SERVPRO Offers Detailed Flood Damage Restoration After a Newburgh Storm to Return Your Home to Pre-Loss Condition
There are many exciting details about Newburgh, NY, including being one of the state's largest historic districts. Whether you are visiting the region or looking to relocate, you will have incredible Newburg Waterfront nightlife, stunning outdoor parks, and amazing Hudson River views. There is always something to explore, including plenty of restaurants, bars, and local events.
Several Notable Historical Facts About Newburgh, New York
Because Newburgh is one of the principal cities within the metropolitan area of Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown, you will find diverse culture and rich, fascinating history, including:
- At one time, General Washington lived in Newburgh –These are the grounds where General Washington eventually took charge. He led the war while in Newburg and claimed peace for the region. He resided in the Hasbrouck House during part of the war, and the last year he stayed in Newburgh. The state purchased this house in the mid-1850s, then named it a historic site.
- The 1700s saw a significant expansion in the area –Newburgh began to expand streets in 1750, and mill operation began to thrive. Farms flourished, and docks got constructed as well. Ferries worked to bring passengers for local excursions, thus adding to commercial growth and expansions in years to come.
- The infamous Henry Hudson was once a Newburg visitor –Henry Hudson was a European explorer and the first to travel around the river, making his way north into Newburgh. In 1609, his ship the Half Moon spent a short period docked in town.
- During WWII, Newburg took part in critical ship-building efforts –With the ever-growing need for shipyards and plants during WWI, Newburgh stepped in to help with some of the demand. All the ships built in Newburgh got named after various towns throughout Hudson Valley, including the S.S. Walden and the S.S. Firth Cliff.
Enjoying Activities and Attractions in the Newburgh Area
There are many opportunities to enjoy time outdoors throughout all seasons in Newburgh, NY. In addition to outdoor concerts during the summer and wintertime activities, there are many restaurants, shopping centers, and bars to explore, including:
- Pride of Hudson boat tours and excursions
- Motorcyclepedia Museum
- Chadwick Lake for swimming, playground, and outdoor activities
- Cosimo's On Union for Italian dining
- Blu Pointe for steaks, seafood, and craft cocktails
- The Lakeview House for casual American dining
After a Storm, Newburgh Residents Count on SERVPRO for Effective Flood Damage Restoration and Cleaning
Flash-flooding that happens during a storm can ravage your interior. Whether you have significant flooding in your basement or the first floor of your home, SERVPRO features water restoration technicians to quickly restore your Newburgh property. Even if it does not seem as though your contents, furnishings, and building materials are salvageable, we have methods to save as much as possible.
When addressing your flood damage in Newburgh, we enlist one or more of these options for restoration:
- Submersible pumps that help to pull out high-level water
- Industrial-strength extractors mounted on our Green Fleet trucks, able to handle hundreds of gallons of water riddled with debris
- Professional-grade dehumidification and drying equipment
- Moisture detection equipment
Call SERVPRO of North Orange County at (845) 342-3333. We're Faster to Any Size Disaster!