Homeowners mother was cooking chicken on the stove top. The homeowners mother forget when she walked away for a moment when the oil caught fire. The fire went up and melted the microwave above. Luckily, everyone got out of the home safely. The fire was put out quickly but the heavy smoke went throughout the home. SERVPRO was able to save the cabinets but the stove and microwave needed to be discarded. The home was cleaned and put back together for the homeowners within a week. They were happy to get back into the home with their kitchen before the holidays.