Do You Know How to Prevent Mold in Your Home?
Unless you are attempting to make blue cheese or penicillin mold is not something that you want to be messing with or run across in your home or business. Mold can grow anywhere with a lot of moisture present, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes as well as paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, and wood products. Mold can be a difficult and costly problem to fix, but it also can produce harmful allergens and irritants that can compromise your health.
According to the Mother Nature Network here are nine ways to prevent moisture indoors, and the mold that thrives on it.
- Identify problem areas in your home and correct them.
- Dry wet areas immediately.
- Prevent moisture with proper ventilation.
- Equip your home with mold-resistant products.
- Monitor humidity indoors.
- Direct water away from your home.
- Clean or repair roof gutters.
- Improve air flow in your home.
- Keep mold off household plants.