Outlet Fire in Warwick NY
We were called out last week to a homeowner who luckily found this happening next to one of her outlets. She called the fire department immediately, and fortunately, there was no fire active behind the wall. The electrician arrived on site at the same time as SERVPRO. This scenario was one of the first times that the electrician has seen this happen.
What happened was that there was a mouse behind the wall eating the wire to that outlet. As you can see, it caused a fire to go down the main electrical line in the wall.
Unfortunately, the only way to keep an eye out for this is to walk around your house and check the outlets for any possible melted spots or black soot coming out of them. It is essential to be aware that this is a possibility.
SERVPRO is here to help, even if it is not a substantial loss to your home. We can help with any size damage from large to small.