Can the Content of a Middletown Business Be Restored After a Fire?
SERVPRO Uses Different Cleaning Methods to Battle Fire and Smoke Damage in Middletown
When a fire strikes a commercial building, the building itself may not be the business owner’s concern. Many companies rent building space. But you are responsible for the content, and you want to salvage all you can.
What Type of Cleaning Methods are Used for Content?
Fire and smoke damage impacts Middletown business even when it is a small fire that gets quickly contained. Smoke residue travels rapidly, causing soot to settle in the nooks and crannies of the facility. SERVPRO mitigates that, and other fire damage, with various cleaning methods:
- Dry Cleaning – Removes light to medium non-greasy soils. Pre-cleans excess residue before wet cleaning. Dry sponges, feather dusters, dusting cloths get used.
- Wet Cleaning – Effective cleaning method for moderate to heavy residues. Water gets used, typically with a cleaning agent.
- Spray and Wipe – The cleaning product gets applied with a spray bottle. The surface is then wiped clean.
- Foam Cleaning – This method is used for things like upholstery fabrics that might shrink when wet or when the colors may bleed. For light residue and delicate materials.
- Abrasive Cleaning – A liquid crème cleaner is often used with a sponge. Other cleaning products can be used with abrasive tools such as steel wool.
- Immersion Cleaning – For items that can be completely saturated. The item gets dipped into the cleaning agent. Excellent for things like Venetian blinds.
SERVPRO strives to restore rather than replace whenever possible. For professional fire damage restoration, contact SERVPRO of North Orange County and South Orange County at (845) 342-3333.